Here is some devices support 5G EN_DC and signal trails recording with CellMapper. Currently tower mapping is not possible 5G Non-Standalone network.
Most of 2020 released devices with Android 10 should support 5G recording. These devices we and our contributors have tested. Dual SIM phones only 1st SIM-record 5G EN_DC-tag.
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
- Huawei Honor V30
- Huawei P40 Pro 5G
- LG V60 (T-Mobile)
- Motorola Edge
- Motorola Edge+
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus Nord
- Samsung A90 5G
- Samsung S20 5G, S20+ 5G and S20 Ultra 5G (USA, China and Japan Snapdragon variants)
- Sony Xperia 1 II
- Realme X50 Pro
- Vivo iQOO 3 5G
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G
- Xiaomi Mi 10 5G and Pro 5G
These devices have limited support 5G -recording, only EN_DC-tag recording, no signal trails:
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G
- Samsung S10 5G
- Samsung S20 5G, S20 5G+ and S20 Ultra 5G (Exynos variants)
Devices support 5G tower recording (experimental):
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, S20+ 5G and S20 Ultra 5G (T-Mobile USA-variant and firmware in T-Mobile USA network)
To record 5G, your phone must be connected 5G-network (Your should see 5G State CONNECTED). On CellMapper App you should 5G data like on screenshot.
Other 5G States:
- NOT_RESTRICTED -> Your device is not connected to 5G, but this tower can act as anchor to 5G. Move closer to tower and make sure your device support 5G band what your network use. You can check supported 5G EN_DC combinations in cacombos.com website.
- RESTRIECTED -> Your plan does not allow your phone connect to 5G. Please contact to your service provider.